Sunday, August 10, 2008
home again, home again
1. it contains my beautiful nephew, upon whose face i shall never tire of gazing.
2. it reminds me of a happier time, a time when my children were not bugging the shit out of me.
and someone? anyone? please remind me next time
that saturday (the day before sunday/church day)
is maybe not the best day
to bring exhausted children back
from a fun-filled vacation with their grandparents.
i'd like to think that if we had had even one more day to rest things could have turned out differently.
1. K would not have told my pregnant friend she was going to have an evil baby with a monster head.
2. it would have ocurred to neither E nor K to jump on stage as church was starting in order to show everyone the new, cool BAD GUY laugh that grandpa donut taught them. (MWAA-ha-ha-ha-ha-haaaaaa!!!!).
3. when greeted by an adult, they would have been able to think of something a bit more polite than, "YOU ARE A POOPY HEAD!" or " I THINK YOU HAVE A STUPID POOP NOSE!" to say in return.